Courses, events and social activities at Buttercross House, Oakham
By nora_hs | Thursday, January 24, 2013, 12:47
Buttercross House, the newly opened craft centre with a difference, in Church Passage, Oakham has wasted no time in creating a full calendar of courses, events and social activities for the month of February, including details of a new book club and social knitting group.
Buttercross House Craft Centre, Oakham, Rutland
Eve Marshall, Artisan Felter
- 2 February, 10.00-12.00pm. Learn how to wet felt using merino wool, silk and sparkle to make a unique Valentine's heart brooch.
- 15 February, 10.00-12.00pm. Children's wet felted flower class, ages 6-16. Learn how to make wet felted flowers using merino wool and silk.
- 20 February, 1.30-4.00pm. Needle felted bead class. Learn how to needle felt beads using wool and decorate them with merino wool and sparkle. You will make at least six beads and turn them in to a bracelet.
- 2 February, 2.00-4.00pm. Call in for a cup of tea and spend time with local artist Andrea. She will be doing a demonstration in pastel and talking about the course she will be running in March.
- 6 February, 7.00-9.00pm. An introduction to garden design and step by step guide of how to transform your outdoor space.
- 7 February, 10.00am-3.00pm. Learn the techniques of how to accurately cut fabric from yardage and fat quarters and how to sew a nine-patch block. Fabric and pattern provided. Basic sewing skills required.
- Thursday 14 February, 7.30pm
- 9 February, 10.00-3.00pm. Learn the techniques of free machine embroidery, using fabric that can be used to make a cushion cover. Refreshments light lunch provided.
- 16 February, 10.00-12.00 & 2.00-4.00pm. Learn how to do straight and zig-zag stitching to make a foldover cushion cover.
- 23 February, 10.00-12.00 and 6.30 - 8.30pm. Suitable for beginners or those who have some experience.
- 23 February, 10.00-12.00. Learn to knit or refresh your knowledge.
- 6 February, 10.00-12.00. Learn how to make a chain and the technique to make a granny square.
- 28 February, 10.00-12.00. Suitable for people who have been on the starter course or have some knowledge but would like to learn more.
- Every Wednesday evening 6.00-8.30pm. Great response to social knitting so far, loads of fun had every week! Come and join us! Tea, cake, laughs and knitting! Bring your own stuff or buy a kit from us.
- Starts 28 February, 7.00-9.00pm. First book 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. Buy the book and aim to get it read by the first meeting.
- Ashley will help you trace your family tree. Wednesday evenings 6.00-8.00pm. All donations to The Harley Staples Cancer Trust, a wonderful charity.
Call Sarah at Buttercross House on 01572 755597, or email email@example.com to find out more or book your place.